/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Wrote a Poem on a Dog Biscuit

This is way overdue, but I have pictures of the Fourth of July. Which comes four days after Canada Day, which in true Canadian style we celebrated with $8 pitchers of Molson. At an Irish bar, no less.

Okay, so the Charlestown Fourth. Not as crazy as the ones in Philadelphia but still taken pretty seriously.

We walked up to the monument, which is only a few blocks away:
Bunker Hill Monument

There were lots of tourists. Boo tourists.
tourists and the city from the monument

Across the street from the monument is the old Charlestown High school. I'm not sure what it is now but I'm betting its condos, like everything else.
old Charlestown High

There was reenacting going on. That guy totally fired his musket.
that's a big musket

On the way home, we found a parish garden attached to a convent.
church garden

And this, which I found totally heartbreaking:
aww

Then we went home and made yummy blender drinks. The whole way home I made jokes at the expense of the JC's heritage, as befits a dirty Loyalist pig. He's lucky he didn't get tarred and feathered in the spirit of the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Coeruleus said...

Contact us (e-mail is on the blawg). Anita and I live in JP, ya know...

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo, not sure if you're gonna get this. But amazing reference if I do say so myself. But It might have a lot to do with my infatuation with Galaxie 500 made me enjoy this post. Good job!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home