/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The NY Mets Are My Favorite Squadron

So last week I did the unthinkable and went to a baseball game, something that the JC has been trying to get me to do for months now. We tailgated (it was a friend's birthday), sat in the cheap seats, and saw the Phillies beat the Mets. And a few fights, which just made me miss hockey.


This is a very tiny cameraphone pic of the field:

But I did not go unprepared. No, I brought knitting! The JC was quite upset by this and was rooting for the security guys to tell me I had to leave it outside but ha! They didn't even see it! According to the JC, "if you knit during baseball the terrorists win!" But he's Canadian, so he doesn't get to talk about terrorists. Only the awesomeness of socialized medicine.

Anyway, here are the socks I brought to work on:

I realized that I've never done a gusset heel and I decided it was time to figure it out, so I'm just making really plain socks and I'm going to go for the gusset. I hate picking up stitches, so I suck at it, so I avoid gusset heels, so I skip nifty patterns that have them. But no more! I am going to do this! Oh, and the paperclips tell me which part of which sock it is, which I sometimes find confusing with the magic loop thing. Big paper clip = instep of first sock, little paper clip = instep of second sock. Because I like to think as little as possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Coeruleus said...

The terrorists will have only won if the Red Sox lose.

1:06 PM  
Blogger LuciMama said...

You obviously haven't listened to the Cast-On podcast #55, in which they feature "Stitch N Pitch" ... apparently some major league baseball teams have been sponsoring events at which people are INVITED to bring their knitting to games.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home