/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Not Dead, Still Knitting

I have no good reason for not posting in eons, especially since I finally got a new laptop in May. Except for that bit where I spent two months using said laptop to play Civ 3, which I randomly found in my apartment having never played it before. Oops.

Still knitting, though. And I finally got my ravelry invite, so I'm really inspired to...knit more! And buy piles of yarn! It's great, and anyone with a ravelry account please friend me, it's neurochic over there. That site is like crack. Knitting crack.

And here is a lovely project I just finished:

Yes, my legs are that pasty even in August. They're the ever-popular Jaywalker socks, though I did them toe-up and with a short-row rather than gusset heel. And I am so in love with that colorway!

In other news, the JC and I are still together somehow, I hate science, the lab still has no money, and I'm beginning to get antsy about finishing. And I got an awesome internship doing editing and some editorial stuff at a scientific journal (the JCI, for those of you who are interested) and it's awesome! So I'm actually working on getting some sort of career together just on the off chance I ever finish this cursed Ph.D.

I promise to blog more. Really. If only for my own sanity.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiff said...

I actually just started knitting again after a (how long ago was Feb?) long break...Apparently, all the motivation I needed was a stomach virus and my oldest friend announcing that she's knocked up...

9:07 PM  
Blogger Miss13 said...

hey lady - thanks for the post about my grandma ^_^
I'm missing you too, but so jealous about how great your cherries and jaywalkers came out. I cant seems to tear myself away from books and my chevron scarf. It will never be done by winter. Perhaps I should just finish my skull sweater so I can brag a little! Lucky you on ravelry!!!!
You and Kneesocky deserve it, and I'm jealous, but excited about it.

ttys,
cg13

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice socks. wish i was that good

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home