/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Lucky


I'm mostly okay. A few cuts, some soreness, and I think my left hip and shoulder are going to take awhile to be better but that's it. I've been washing glass out of my hair and shaking it out of my things.

I mostly remember screaming and glass and panicking that I couldn't get out of the car. They took me to the hospital in Scranton in an ambulance on a backboard. Before the ambulance came, some very nice people wrapped me in blankets and got my purse and my phone out of the car and called my mom, who proceeded to start driving.

I don't think I've ever actually thought I was going to die before. It is not a good feeling.

Bad things happen when your car is under a semi.

2007 can only improve.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily Fry Photography said...

holy SHIT dude!

glad you're ok. it must have been petrifying.

(came over from glitter.)

12:28 PM  
Blogger The Retropolitan said...

Oh my gosh!

This is yet another reason to never go to Fredonia.

THE SEMI MENACE

Glad you're okay, though.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

all joking comments aside, I'm really glad you're okay...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Coeruleus said...

Wow, and I thought I had a bad holiday when I fell in "de Gracht"!

Ditto everyone: glad you're OK.

12:51 PM  
Blogger LuciMama said...

Jeezus! I'm glad you're okay. Well, not "okay" okay, but I'm glad you survived and aren't totally PTSD about it and your hip and arm are recovering. Yipes.

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home