/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Friday, January 06, 2006

Smelling and Clapping

Random Philadelphia odors of late:
-Every time I'm driving on 76W right before the South Street exit, I notice it smells like a bakery. Like donuts, really. But all there is is the river, 30th St Station, and the big post office. Where is the smell coming from? Seriously, I smell it every time. And unlike most other Philadelphia odors it is really really good and always makes me hungry.
-All week on my walk home there is this one spot on the bridge where I smell Windex. Huh?

I'm low on perfume and I went to get more but they've discontinued it. Ack! I tried another one that I like but I don't know...I need an impartial person to smell me every day and tell me what works. This is when not having a roommate really sucks. Plus I like really girly sweet perfumes and I've noticed they sometimes smell great in the bottle and then turn all grandma on me. So I'm kind of annoyed about the discontinuing thing because it means a lot of trips to Douglas trying stuff out.

Maybe I'm getting all poppy in my old age, but lately I'm a total sucker for any song with handclaps. Why is it that clapping makes songs better? Like, would "Boy With the Arab Strap" be so much fun to bop around to without the clapping? The handclaps just make me want to toss my hair and bounce around which is embarrassing as somehow that's always when someone comes into my office.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also smelled the donuts, but can't figure out where it comes from. Be sure to let me know if you do.

As for perfume, I wear Lolita Lempicka. Maybe you could sample that on your next trip.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home