/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Thanks For the Beer, Now Go Away

We all know that I love free booze. I've been known to organize my life around its pursuit. However, I have now realized that I need to stop accepting drinks from guys at bars because a free beer is so not worth talking to some of these people. If only one could accept the free booze and not have to actually engage the guy in conversation. Also, when there are two girls out and you buy them both a drink, it sort of comes off like you're hedging your bets (and maybe you are) but still, that's sketchy. And if a girl makes a bunch of excuses as to why she can't do whatever you're inviting her to, perhaps you should realize that she's trying to nicely refuse without saying "You're hairy and I don't want to be seen in public with you" which is what she's actually thinking. And that if you finally do wear her down enough to exasperatedly agree to dinner, you're still never going to get her number. She's going to show up, have a free dinner, and hope she never runs into you again. You know, hypothetically.

I'm going through one of those phases where I hate everyone. My peers, friends, colleagues, labmates, family, total strangers, random passers-by...everyone. It makes me even snarkier than usual. And probably very unpleasant to be around. I hope this passes soon.

Random bits:
Boys, weirdness, confusion.
I need a new crush. Life is dull without one.
I like to not learn from my mistakes.
Dancing is fun.
My grandmother has lung cancer, she had surgery and will probably be okay.
Long Island is the root of all evil.
It is way too hot for October.
Happy Jewlidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home