/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Timwatch 7/24

As expected, Tim this morning was all about the Roberts nomination to the Court. First up was former senator Thompson, who is apparently filtering the info about Roberts to help him get confirmed. Anyway, I can't separate him from Law and Order. Maybe the administration thinks that his TV persona will help or something, but I find it very distracting. Especially since I never liked his character. Then Senator Durbin, who I've never really paid attention to. So I didn't really learn anything: there is going to be a fight, Democrats will ask questions, Roberts will try to dodge. Yawn.

The highlight was Tim's shoutout to Cansius. Woo, Western NY! That and actually seeing Nina Totenberg - I love her reports on NPR and I'm always really curious as to what radio people look like. So, she looks younger than I pictured. And you can tell she's usually on radio because her outfit was awful. Yikes.

In other news (big news): ohmygod I totally slept with a friend last night. Not the friend from the cab last week either. That's what happens when party-hopping leads you to a party with a Casio-based band in the basement flashing you right back to being an undergrad, overconsumption from the kegs of Lager included. I think that was a very, very bad idea. I crush on friends all the time - I mean, they're boys and they're around, right? - but that's usually where it ends. Unless you count LP in high school, but he was a former raging crush and not really a friend and that was more about proving something to myself. And him and my former best friend. Really twisted in retrospect. So now I'm all discombobulated. Such a violation of my "never see another scientist naked" policy can't be ignored but I really, really don't want to talk about it either. This is very much not good. And it isn't something I can talk about with a lot of my friends, since obviously they're all friends with him too. (Jessy: you totally almost got a phone call at 7 this morning when he left. Luckily I realized that normal people are sleeping.)

Yeah. And I'm working on my NRSA resubmission and trying to get through all this histology from all the rats I was dealing with the last two weeks and trying not to totally have a big freakout. My brain hurts. I don't know what I want at all.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Retropolitan said...

You slept with Loran? That's so totally...Loran.

8:07 PM  
Blogger cara said...

In my defense, I was in an advanced state of chemical alteration both times it happened. I always figured everyone knew it, too. Guess I was never discussed on the FHS gossip circuit.

Speaking of me in high school and things I thought you knew, I had a crush on you too.

12:59 PM  
Blogger The Retropolitan said...

I always figured he would try to woo women with poetry, not chemicals.

And likewise.

And eeew, Loran.

2:15 PM  
Blogger PoBaL said...

I wanna see Nina Totenburg. Stupid sexy Central Time Zone.
And at least your friends aren't under the impression that you're a normal girl.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Philly is a good city...

3:10 PM  
Blogger cara said...

Re: Loran

I refer you to page 27 of our senior yearbook. How could me at 17 resist that? My God, he's actually snarling! The chemicals were my own doing.

I wonder what ever happened to him - I hid last time I spotted him in the BBC a few years back, he looked a lot like Anton LaVey (or that could have been my mind making associations).

6:40 PM  
Blogger The Retropolitan said...

Yeah, page 27 of my senior yearbook is someplace happier with pages 1-26 and 28-200. I'll take your word on the snarling, though. Was that his "I was a model" picture?

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home