/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I Miss My Sock Pattern

I'm almost done with the hat for my fellow grad student, the one who knocked up his girlfriend. Which is good, since the shower is tomorrow and all. I hate babies and I totally disapprove of this whole thing, but whatever. I'm not the one who has to push a child out of my vagina or not sleep for a year, so I'll use it as an excuse to knit things in silly pastels that only work for bridesmaids and babies.

Sadly, I have lost my sock pattern and simply cannot find it. Of course, I'd lose it in the middle of a sock. And no, I can't just frog it, since I'd already finished the first damn sock so it would be mateless forever. And there is just no way I'm sitting there trying to reconstruct exactly how the heel worked, since I don't do one of those gusset heels where you then pick up all along the flap, I do it totally from short rows and only pick up one at a time. Ugh.

So here are pictures of a completed pair and the pair that will always be sad. I still have my needles in the sock-in-progress in the dim hopes that maybe, just maybe, I'll stumble across the pattern.





Sad, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home