/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

Friday, August 20, 2004

Amotivational Syndrome

You know you've become irreparably lazy when you can't even bother to update your own blog. Yikes.

Anyway, my life is...the same. Graduate school is like being in a six-year holding pattern, never really getting anywhere but still flying. I still like science and all, I've just realized that I prefer thinking about science to the actual day-to-day doing of science. I still even like doing science, I just think I like it for about 20 hours aweek rather than 60. So, on I slog without any real intellectual fulfillment.

Crafty-wise, my SnB sweater is still not unpacked. I mean, how hard would it be to just make the damn sleeves already? My latest sock is waiting for its toe to be Kitchenered, since who really wantes to graft ever anyways?

Better luck on the embroidery front, I just have to make frames/mats for a bunch of finished pieces and then I will have art for my sad white walls.

Politically speaking...well, that is all the same old crap, too, eh? Except for the McGreevy stuff and that is more about corruption than being gay. Which is too bad, I'd like to see more openly gay politicians. Of course, I'd like to see more women and minorities too so I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Maybe it is the humid 93-degree air that is making me feel so overwhelmed. Nice to have God to blame for something.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home